WORLDWIDE ACOUSTIC PROJECTS ENSURING COMPLIANCE WITH THE LOCAL REGULATIONS AND ACOUSTIC COMFORT STANDARDS FOR BUILDINGS OF ALL TYPES AND DIMENSIONS
The markets in which we are established are Portuguese, Angolan and Brazilian, although we work worldwide as we are specialists and follow all international standards.
– Places of worship / churches
– Shopping Malls
– Nightclubs / discos
– Commercial and residential buildings
– Anechoic Chambers
We are able to undertake complex acoustic projects and build special acoustic components for which the intervention of a Specialist Engineer is required.
LogAcoustica is a key partner in the collaborative network Arrebita design that stands out with a solid technical strength, combined with a degree of rigor and professionalism that is rarely the case in Portugal.
Their approach was guided from the beginning by designing to overlap the mere compliance with legally required acoustic standards of comfort and functionality and developing specific solutions for the effect of added value.
Its team also showed an inexhaustible availability to meet and work around an useful and effectively set of constraints and implications typical for a complex project and that is why I invoke our growing success to the partnership.
Arq. José Paixão, Coordenador do Projeto Arrebita!Porto.
ACOUSTIC COMPLIANCE TESTING WITH THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY AVAILABLE COMPLETED NATION WIDE IN UP TO A WEEK
– Are you seeking your house use permit and are required to undertake acoustic testing?
– Do you need your activity license (restaurant, café, store, industry, etc….) and are required to undertake acoustic testing?
– Do you hear your neighbours in your new house and wish to know if you can complain with the contractor about sound insulation?
We will guarantee the best quality/price ratio across the country including Aveiro, Beja, Braga, Bragança, Castelo Branco, Coimbra, Évora, Faro, Guarda, Leiria, Lisboa, Portalegre, Porto, Santarém, Setúbal, Viana do Castelo, Vila Real e Viseu.
Acoustic Compliance includes the following steps:
LogAcústica collaborates with IPAC (Instituto Português de Acreditação) certified laboratories depending on the location of your building so as to minimize the cost of the acoustic compliance ensuring the best quality/price ratio in the market.
Acoustic testing typically undertaken for acoustic compliance are:
– Airborne sound insulation
– Impact sound insulation
– Reverberation time
– Plant noise
The updated version of the following standards, or parts of these standards, will be used in each compliance case:
• NP ISO 1996: Description, measurement and assessment of environmental noise.
• NP EN ISO 140-4: Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements – Part 4: Field measurements of airborne sound insulation between rooms.
• NP EN ISO 140-5: Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements – Part 5: Field measurements of airborne sound insulation of facade elementes and facades.
• NP EN ISO 140-7: Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements – Part 7: Field measurements of impact sound insulation of floors.
• EN ISO 140-14: Measurement of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements – Part 14: Guidelines for special situations in the field.
• NP EN ISO 717-1: Rating of sound insulation in buildings ad of building elements. Parte 1: Airborne sound insulation.
• NP EN ISO 717-2: Rating of sound insulation in buildings ad of building elements. Parte 2: Impact sound insulation.
• EN ISO 3382-1: Measurement of room acoustic parameters – Part 1: Performance spaces.
• EN ISO 3382-2: Measurement of room acoustic parameters – Part 2: Reverberation time in ordinary rooms.
• NP EN ISO 16032: Measurement of sound pressure level from service equipment in buildings. Engineering method.
In fact, a test report is a document that includes the description and results of the acoustic testing, carried out in accordance with the applicable standards, undertaken by an entity that complies with the requirements of nº 33.º and 34.º of the "Regulament Geral do Ruído", approved by Decreto-Lei n.º 9/2007 of January 17.
However, it is not part of the acoustic test report to compare the measured results with the legal requiremets and thus assess compliance of the tested partitions.
On the other hand, sampling needs to be considered, i.e. the number of test carried out, which should ensure an adequate representation of the different types of built partitions as well as the acoustic criteria of the several parts that form the legal acoustic compliance.
To this end, a recognised Specialist Acoustic Engineer (Engenheiro Especialista em Acústica) should be employed, who should define which tests to carry out and will produce a technical advice report in which the legal acoustic compliance assessment is included.
Example of the results of an acoustic test report:
At LogAcústica you will always have the Technical Advice undertaken by a Specialist Acoustic Engineer, recognised by the Ordem dos Engenheiros, without this being an extra cost for you, just an additional insurance of quality.
The Technical Advice is the document that assesses compliance with the legal requirements, to be undertaken by a qualified technician in accordance with nº 2 of the 3º clause of the Decreto-Lei 96/2008, of June 9 (Regulamento dos Requisitos Acústicos dos Edifícios), aproved by the Decreto-Lei n.º 129/2002 of May 11.